Header Ads

Introduction: The 25,000 Mile Journey To Greece


Welcome to my latest trip report, with which I’m going to be trying something a bit different.

What’s different about this trip report

I’ve been writing trip reports for well over a decade, and I’ve been doing them more or less the same way for as long as I can remember.

Usually I write a post with my initial thoughts on a flight within a couple of days, and then later on I publish a full review. Here’s the problem — I fully acknowledge that “later on” has become later and later lately.

The reality is that these trip reports take a long time to write, and life gets in the way. I’ve had technology meltdowns, and I’ve largely been prioritizing family at the moment. But this is also my job, and I know you guys enjoy them, and I certainly don’t want to take you for granted.

I’m not here to make excuses, which is to say that I’m currently in the middle of taking a review trip, and I’m going to be writing the full trip report “live,” or at least within a couple of days of my travels. Forget the “initial impressions” post, you’re just going to get the whole thing right away. After all, I have two other trip reports I still need to catch up on.

Since I’m taking a different approach to this trip report, I might as well have a bit more fun with it, and not even tell you guys where I’m going.

Usually the introduction installment of my trip report has all the details about how I booked, where I’m going, and why. In this case I’ll save those details for each individual flight and hotel review. Why?

  • Because I figure that’s more fun
  • I’m not sure I’m actually keeping the routing I currently have; you should see how many iterations I’ve been through

As you can see above, the table of contents looks pretty sad as of now, but that will be changing.

The very basics of this trip

I’ll just leave you guys with a bit of context about the trip. For months I’ve had a trip planned to Greece that starts over the weekend, and initially I was just going to fly straight there from the US.

However, timing-wise this also worked out to be a week where I had some free time to travel. That’s to say that I had no “commitments” on the ground, and I work just as efficiently when I travel as when I don’t, so this seemed like a great time to do an epic review trip.

Ford was already gone, so the timing worked out in that sense. I wish I didn’t have to leave my mom behind, but I spent a few days with her before I started the trip, so that worked out. The only one who isn’t onboard with this trip is Winston. Oh, sweet Winston. On the plus side, he’s keeping my mom company.

The only hint I’ll share as of now regarding my itinerary is that my focus is heavily on new products and planes on airlines I’ve already flown, rather than new airlines altogether. Make of that what you will.

So stay tuned, you guys have a lot of trip reports coming your way. If anyone wants to guess my itinerary in the comments section, go for it.

Thanks so much for reading and making this possible. I know many of you love the trip reports, so this is the least I can do for you guys. Hopefully this is like the OMAAT equivalent of “Shark Week.”

Bottom line

Thanks so much for reading, and hopefully you guys enjoy this content. As much as I love being home nowadays, I also do enjoy these review trips, and I know many of you enjoy them as well.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the trip reports you’re about to be hit with.

Enjoy this review? Check out hundreds of other reports on airlines, hotels, and airport lounges worldwide!

The post Introduction: The 25,000 Mile Journey To Greece appeared first on One Mile at a Time

Post a Comment

0 Comments